Thursday, June 3, 2010

Yurt: ?


Last weekend (Memorial weekend) my family and I went up to our little piece of land that we have up north, with a yurt on it. . . .

What's a yurt?

(yurt |yoŏrt; yərt|
nouna circular tent of felt or skins on a collapsible framework, used by nomads in Mongolia, Siberia, and Turkey)

The time was very relaxing, and one of the best times I've been able to have up there in years! On account of either being, or getting sick whenever we go up there. . . . But God was good, and this time I only had a minor cold/allergies that were easy to deal with. :) So I went canoeing every day (sometimes more than once a day), and went hiking in the hundreds of acres of national forest right next to our property (my ankles and up into my calves were still sore for several days after getting home). And besides having an all around great time in that way, I got a jump start back into my writing. I was able to rewrite the first chapter and a half about over the weekend. And when I got home I was raring to dive into editing, and get more writing done. So I arranged a schedule, and now I'm writing in the evenings on Mon, Wed, and Fri, and editing on Tue, Thur, Sat. With that schedule I've already been able to get a bunch done, and I'm lovin' it!! (To quote Max, from "Get Smart": I've been watching those lately. :>)
Assr vísa ykkarr or∂.

~ElizabethMarieKauffman~

No comments: