Monday, February 15, 2010

Yipppeeeeee!!!! :D

I have like 5 or 6 more chapters in TSOT to edit, then I'll have finished my first round of editing!!! :D I'm very excited!! Of course, I still have 2 more times of doing that, each coming from a different angle. This time was just a basic over all, make sure it flows well, work on grammar problems. . . etc. Next time will be focusing on the characters; are they consistent? Do I describe their personality, appearances, or things that make them special, singular people well enough or correctly? Then on the third time I will work on Alleria's history and the landscapes-also description. You know, all of the things that makes it more than just a story in a book, but gives it the feeling of it being someplace real. 3D instead of 2D if you will. . . .
After that, I'll pass the manuscript out to my parents and a few choice people for them to edit. And once that is done: publishing! :)

And The Wolves of Langoor is going pretty well I think. I'm probably about 3-4 chapters in, so it's not going incredibly fast, but that is because I am focusing more on editing TSOT, and getting that done. I won't tell you the story of TWOL. . . not yet! Further down the road I'll post the summary as I did for TSOT, but not just yet, you'll have to wait for that. :) Though I WILL say that TWOL is going to be a lot more epic of a story than even TSOT was. It's more of a constant battle raging on one side, while on the other is suspense and mystery. Ok, that's all I am going to say. ;) Hehe!

Assr vísa ykkarr or∂.

~ElizabethMarieKauffman~

2 comments:

Rachel Kimberly said...

It sounds like you have a good action plan! I love editing. It feels great to make your story as good as you can, doesn't it? At least, that's how I feel. :) Some people can't stand it.

When you say publish, does that mean you're going to submit to real publishing houses? Or self-publish, with something like CreateSpace or Lulu?

Sweet! You're working on the next book already! Is it going to be a trilogy? Or a longer series? Lately I've been coming up with ideas for trilogies for some reason...

Don't you just love writing?

Cheerio,
Evergreena

P.S. Don't forget to keep us updated! :)

ElizabethMarieKauffman said...

Yes. I am actually enjoying the editing process. :) I'm sure as it goes further along I'll start to get tired of it and be heading towards the next thing. But right now, like you mentioned, it's nice to be able to read through your story and watch as it is transformed into a master piece beneath your fingers. :)

I'm not sure yet. . . . I'm still heading towards self publishing, but I think that I should do some more research on publishers before I make any final decisions.

It is going to be a trilogy. But who knows, I might make some more books based in Aleria down the road! :)

I think that trilogies are a good medium length for stories. That or a series of 4, MAYBE 5. That makes it a nice length, but not like some series which seem to simply go on and on forever!

Assr vísa ykkarr or∂.

~ElizabethMarieKauffman~