So God's been doing like a TON in my life these past few weeks; teaching me to listen, truly listen to Him (not just say "ok, if You want this to happen, let it happen" like I usually do when I'm "listening"), and showing just how amazingly awesome HE is!!!!! :) Today I heard this song on the radio, and I got to thinking just how perfectly it fits with what's been going on!! Here are the lyrics, and I tried to find a good link for the actual song, but couldn't find one. . . . But here are the lyrics anyways:
Am I at the point of no improvement?
What are the deaths I still dwell in?
I try to excel but I feel no movement
Can I be free of this unreleasable sin
oOoOoOoO
CHORUS:
Never underestimate my Jesus
your tellin me that there's no hope
Im tellin you your wrong
Never underestimate my Jesus
when the world around you crumbles
He will be strong he will be strong
I throw up my hands
oh the impossibilities
Frustrated and tired
Where do I go from here?
Now Im searchin' for
The confidence I lost so willingly
Overcoming these obstacles
Is overcoming my fears
oOoOoOoO
CHORUS
I think I can't
I think I can't
but I think you can
I think you can
gather my insufficiencies and
place them in your hands
place them in your hands
place them in your hands.
CHORUS (2x)
You will be strong (3x)
What are the deaths I still dwell in?
I try to excel but I feel no movement
Can I be free of this unreleasable sin
oOoOoOoO
CHORUS:
Never underestimate my Jesus
your tellin me that there's no hope
Im tellin you your wrong
Never underestimate my Jesus
when the world around you crumbles
He will be strong he will be strong
I throw up my hands
oh the impossibilities
Frustrated and tired
Where do I go from here?
Now Im searchin' for
The confidence I lost so willingly
Overcoming these obstacles
Is overcoming my fears
oOoOoOoO
CHORUS
I think I can't
I think I can't
but I think you can
I think you can
gather my insufficiencies and
place them in your hands
place them in your hands
place them in your hands.
CHORUS (2x)
You will be strong (3x)
Assr vísa ykkarr or∂.
~ElizabethMarieKauffman~
2 comments:
I love that song :) Great stuff!
Glad to hear God's working in other's lives :) I've been getting pumped for him too :)
BTW, what's that phrase mean at the end of your post? I see you posting it a lot so I googled it, and the only places it comes up are in your signatures :P lol So, what does it mean? :)
-Nathan
I'm really sorry it took me so long to respond!! Sorry about that. . . .
"Assr vísa ykkarr or∂" is Old Norse for "God guide your words". Ya. . . I'm thinking it probably wouldn't be used in very many other places. lol. But I really like it, and it's similar to a parting blessing (also in Old Norse) that I have in my books, so I enjoy using it. :)
~ElizabethMarieKauffman~
Post a Comment