I just finished my annual holiday-time read of "Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball" by Donita K. Paul today. It's such a sweet book full of romance, Christmas cheer, and yes, even a touch of fantasy. I simply adore the book which explains why I read it every year over Christmas.
Now that I'm on my Christmas break from school, I have not only found that I have been getting some much needed rest and recuperation time, but I have had a lot of time to finish projects that I have been wanting to do for quite some time (and that besides Christmas presents for family members). It's so refreshing to finish a project that you've started, especially when you started it a long time before hand.
One of my favorite things about this time of year is when I can curl up on the couch in front of a glowing fireplace, with lights, manger scenes, small winter villages and pine cones, candles, and pine bows adorning the mantle, windows, and banister. I love listening to the same Christmas songs that I've heard every year since I was little, and spending time with my family, reading books or watching cheesy Christmas movies far later into the night than is perhaps wise.
It's these little things that make the holidays so special to me and that I love about this time of year so much.
It's so strange to look ahead and wonder where I will be next year, or the year after that. I certainly hope to be back here with my parents and brother, and maybe even my sister if she can make a trip home, but by that time I will be graduated from college, probably will have finished my internship and be out looking for a job in the film industry. . . . Will I be living in a small apartment in LA or some other big movie making city? Or will I be back home, trying to figure out what the next step is that I should take in pursuing my career? Where will this path God is leading me on take me in this upcoming year? As a matter of fact, where will God direct all of our paths?
This thought can be a little terrifying to think about. Right now I would rather stay huddled inside of my fuzzy blanket on the couch at home and stare into the twinkling lights a little longer. I hold my breath as I stare into their magical glow and dream about snow falling down from the Heavens to cover the green grass outside with soft, sparkling white treasure. God has proven faithful to prepare me in every way for each new step that He has given me to date, and I know that He will not fail to continue to do so as long as I follow in His steps and listen patiently for the lessons that He teaches me throughout every single day.
For that I am so thankful. . . . Yet another reason that I love Christmas.
Assr vĂsa ykkarr brand.
(May God guide your sword.)
ElizabethMarieKauffman

No comments:
Post a Comment