It is one of those mornings when you wake up, take in a deep breath, and can feel an approaching change coursing through your blood....
Internships for this fall are slowly being narrowed down and locked. My resume and cover letter is currently getting ready to head out to a product placement company in L.A.. The search for housing for once I get out to California continues.
Only one week and a few days are left of classes and then my time at Compass will be done.... I will be leaving behind this place that has become my second home, and the group that has become like family will be dispersed.
It makes me sad to think about.... But then I look ahead at all the possibilities that the future might have in store and I can hardly sit still in my chair! In about a month or so I hope to be headed back out to L.A. with only my most precious or necessary possessions stuffed into a suitcase small enough to fit next to a couch that I might be calling home for the duration of my internship.
There are so many unknowns that could terrorize me if I allowed them to. But is it not in the unknown that all of the greatest adventures await??
And I will not be going on this adventure solely on my own.... My God will always be there with me, watching out for me, and guiding my every step. But then I have also been blessed in the last two and a half weeks to gain the companionship of a wonderful young man and an amazing friend. He is also trying for an internship in L.A., but even if we end up in different places I know that I will be able to write, text, or call him whenever he's off work and we can discuss anything that is going on and unwind from the toll that all of these new adjustments will take on each of us.
God is good, and I can't wait to see what new tricks He has up His sleeve for this next year and beyond.
Assr vĂsa ykkarr brand.
(May God guide your sword)
Elizabeth Marie Kauffman

No comments:
Post a Comment