Have you ever heard that saying: "Don't look back, that's not where you're going"?
I think that that is one of the saddest sayings in the world....
I was just looking back through a bunch of pictures from over the past year. So often I ask myself why I can't go back to the way that things used to be. When my life was driven by the next homework assignment to be submitted and the next time that I could get together with my best friend for a movie night.
Sometimes, I really miss those days. Oh, how I miss those days!
It is so easy to live a life of reminiscence; a life of regret, remorse, and deep longing to go back to the good old days when you were "carefree and happy."
It is so easy to live life looking ahead at the future; always dreaming about the next thing, always hoping, and living in a fantasy world that will only disappoint and not be everything that you expect.
It is so easy to live life in any tense but the present.
To be sitting at my desk, writing this blogpost, and knowing that right here is where I was meant to be. No where else.
To pull together my history and who it has made me and my dreams and who I wish to become and to knit them both together into a neat little pattern that makes me who I am now.
God is the God of my past; He created me and guided me to this place. He is the God of my future; He holds it in the palm of His hand.
And He is the God of my present; this is where He has me now, He has given me this moment and He asks me what I am going to do with it.
I can throw the present away wishing for better days long gone.
I can pass it by while daydreaming of what is yet to come.
Or, I can hold on to it and make it worth every second, every moment spent.
God has invested this time in me.
He could have chosen someone else.
He could have created someone else.
But He didn't... He chose to invest Himself in my life.
What return can I give back to Him?
Assr vĂsa ykkarr brand.
(May God guide your sword.)
Elizabeth Marie Kauffman
No comments:
Post a Comment