Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Birth Of The King: Through The Eyes Of Angels.

7 days till Christmas and here is the next birth of the King post. I almost skipped this one because of the difficulty it presented. "The angels," I thought, "all we ever hear about the angels  on that first Christmas are them giving messages and praising God.... How interesting could I make that?" I mentioned that to my mom and she gave me some ideas. So, I decided I'd give it a try, and trust God with the outcome. And here it is, the finished project of the angels perspective of Christ's birth:

The angelic being watched the travelers enter the city. "They have arrived!" She called to the others who quickly joined her white form. She pointed eagerly at the man leading the donkey on which rode a girl in labor. She felt an awe pass over her as she looked at the young girl's pain filled face. "The chosen one." She whispered, and the others nodded in agreement.
    "She is indeed pure of heart, and God fearing. It's no wonder the Lord chose her to bring forth his son." Came the murmurs of approval.
    The angels waited as the travelers searched for a place to stay in the over crowded little town, awaiting the Lord to work a miracle and open up a place for them to stay. An old man stepped outside his door and directed them to a stable where there was room. Horror washed over the angels' pale faces. "What is he doing?! Stop him Lord!" One cried. "Doesn't he know that this is God's son? The Messiah?"
    A voice rumbled gently over them, although they were used to it, their knees began to shake at the power from which he spoke. "He is not doing anything I have not planned."
    "But really?" The angel spoke up again, with less confidence this time. "A stable... a stable! This is your son, he should be born in a palace, with gold and silver, and the softest satin to be wrapped in. But here in a stable, what is he going to be wrapped in to keep away the chill?"
    "Swaddling cloth."
    "Swaddling cloth!"
    "Quiet!" The Lord roared and they hung their heads in shame. He gently reached out to them, soothing their fears, and gently turned their heads back to Bethlehem. "Watch as the shepherds come in answer to my invitation. I have picked them because of their humble spirit, their willingness, and to show the world that my son is for all mankind, not just the kings, or the mighty, but for the poor and lost. Those who, like sheep, wonder off the good path, but constantly seek to hear the voice of their shepherd."
    The shepherds bowed before the baby, praising God. An awe fell over the angels, unlike any they had ever experienced. A single young voice rose into the crisp night air, soon followed by many others as they sang praises for what the Lord had done.

No comments: