Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Birth Of The King

Well, it has reached that time of year once again... when you gaze out the window at the ground covered with sparkling white snow. You pull on your coat, scarf and gloves, then run out into the glory of white. Snowflakes fall lightly on your hair, coating even you in white. You prance around making snowmen and snow angels until the bite of the cold in your ears, fingers and toes becomes unbearable. Then you go inside to warm yourself beside a glowing fire and bask in the smell of cinnamon and evergreen while dreaming of what might lay beneath that tall Christmas tree with twinkling lights peaking out from between its branches to wink at you, and ornaments you have received in past Christmases nestled among the needles. A time when loved ones gather near, and celebrate the birth of a very special child thousands of years ago. But do we really remember Him? Or are we too busy worrying if people got us what we want? If your family and friends will like what we got them? Or how we will pay the bills after buying so many things? Or perhaps, just getting so caught up in the Christmas spirit that we forget what the season's all about. Unfortunately I have to admit that I fall into this mood all too often. When that happens, I have to have a small reminder jerk my memory into place, of what this is all about. 
So I was thinking about just writing the basic Christmas story out in one post, but then it hit me; why not go in further detail, and have it be spread out coming from all the different people's perspectives. I'm going to call them, "the birth of the King", so you know what to look for. I will be posting a the birth of the King every few days until Christmas day, when I shall give you a special birth of the King post. :)

May God guide your words.

~ElizabethOfMena~

No comments: