Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey, Cranberry Sauce, and NaNo, Oh My!


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! :D Enjoy your turkey (or chicken, which I just realized we are having instead of turkey. . . scratch the title, make it chicken.), pumpkin pie, pecan pie, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, and whatever else you might be having! :) Today is a day to be thankful. Thank you God!! For what? You may ask: for all the blessings which He has poured out, and continues to do so! Like this day, He realized that we all needed a nice break in between our worrying and stressing out to realize all the different things which we are blessed with, and to be thankful. And that is why, many years ago when the Indians came and saved the Pilgrims from starvation, He put the thought into one of those Pilgrims heads "Hey! Let's make this into a holiday!" And so they did. (At least, that's my version of it, don't go to your history teacher and say, "Well I've heard that it happened this way, so you're wrong!" That is liable to get you to the principles office. . . . But on the upside, you would then be able to wish him a happy Thanksgiving! –Still refrain from doing that all the same, I don't want to be blamed. . . . )

Now, onto the NaNo part of the title. I am currently. . . *takes a deep breath to calm self* . . . finishing up the last chapters of TSOT!!!!!! :D :D (Ok, so that deep breath didn't help.) I don't have my current word count, because I am writing it out by hand, and I really don't want to take time away from focusing on the actual writing to put it onto the computer right now (not with a dead line so close anyways.) So I'll have to update my little word count on the side bar later. . . . . . . when it's done. . . . o_O
Well. . . anywho. I would love to hear how all of the rest of you who are participating in NaNoWriMo are doing! :) And also, do you have any special traditions for Thanksgiving?? I'd love to hear them!

No comments: