Tom Sawyer is done. It was amazing! And by God's grace all of the performances were fantastic!! :) The first night we had a "bit" [laughs] of an accident. . . one of the actors got his foot run over by the house prop when it was getting moved on. And he had a rather nice sized part in the next scene. But everyone was fantastic! And we got through it with relative ease. :) The boy especially was amazing. We skipped the first part of his scene, and just continued on to the next part of it while I was running around backstage trying to take care of his bleeding toe, and letting the director know through the headset what was going on (he ended up coming back to help figure it all out). What ended up happening was the boy got some paper towels stuffed in the toe of his sock then he was sent out to do the final bit of the scene. But you could never have told from how he acted that he was in pain!But yes, other than that, there was no big, unpleasant, last minute surprises. :) So that was very good!
And now it's over. . . . It went so fast!! I've already auditioned for another play though. Fiddler on the Roof. It's the first musical I have ever auditioned for, so I'm kind of nervous about seeing how the results come out! :) Please pray that if I should be in this play that I will get a part, and that it will be the part that I can give God the most glory through.
Pakka pú! (Thank you) :)
Assr vísa ykkarr or∂.
~ElizabethMarieKauffman~
4 comments:
My small school in Romania just finished up our first musical and it was fantastic! I'm glad Tom sawyer went well!!
Do you know Icelandic?
What musical did you do??
No I do not. . . . Though Icelandic would be a super fun language to learn! :) Right now I'm focusing on Old Norse, and next year I'm going to start French.
~ElizabethMarieKauffman~
Nice!
We did Seussical the Musical
Since we live in Romania that is the only thing we got the rights to... I think...
Sweet! :) Seussical would be a fun one to do!! I know some people who have been in it, and from what I've heard from them it sounded like fun.
~ElizabethMarieKauffman~
Post a Comment